2 phone 3 T h I N G_McElman_070716_2375 S/Southern Pawn Shop cropped - yellow tiled

Friday, March 7, 2008

Thing #15 Libraries and Games

This is soooo not me... I have no interest in sitting in front of a computer pretending to be someone I'm not in some virtual world, interacting with someone who exists somewhere else . If I'm playing games I want to have people around me I can laugh and talk with and interact with directly. I do enjoy playing games, though, although they are the old fashioned board type games. Also, I've somewhat managed to figure out the Wii and play with my grandchildren.

Online gaming is a whole different story. I can see that there is a demographic that this does appeal to, and probably there is a place for the library in appealing to this group. Our manager is a gamer, and he has held some relatively successful dungeons and dragons programs as well as Guitar Hero and DDR. although these are not online, who knows, perhaps we will be moving in that direction at some point. (just so I don't have to have anything to do with it....) I watched the video tour on Info Island, and frankly, it made no sense to me at all. I'm really missing something.

No comments: